Dentist in Charlottesville, VA
Do you suspect that you have a cavity? You may have decided to put off a visit to Elevated Dentistry if you are not experiencing any issues. But if you wait too long, you will begin experiencing issues such as pain, swelling and bad breath. You may end up needing a root canal or even an extraction. Before things get any worse, call Elevated Dentistry at 434-979-1365. We can schedule you for a composite dental filling in Charlottesville, Virginia, with our dentist, Dr. Nicholas Bottorff.
At this office, our dentist and team have chosen to use composite, or tooth-colored, dental fillings to repair your teeth because they have many advantages over traditional amalgam fillings. The benefits of composite dental fillings include:
- A more natural and aesthetic end result
- More support for the tooth because the filling bonds to it
- Less risk of any future breaking or fracturing
- Better insulation from temperature changes due to food or drink consumption
- Better sealing, leading to increased protection from leaks and decay
- The ability to repair really small cavities not possible with amalgam fillings
- More safety for your oral and overall health as no mercury or other metals are used
- Better long-term oral health
Composite dental fillings also allow our dentist to complete repairs or replacements without removing the filling from the tooth.
When you undergo treatment for a composite filling, our dentist will carefully choose a filling shade that matches your natural tooth color. Your damaged tooth will then be thoroughly cleaned, and any damaged tissue will be removed before the cavity is filled. We will then cure, or harden, the filling and polish it, completing your treatment. This treatment should take no more than a single appointment.
We invite you to call our office if you would like to learn more about the benefits of composite dental fillings or if you want to schedule an appointment.